Monday, December 15, 2008

Approaching during the day!

*** Disclaimer : I don't really know what the fuck I am doing so any advice anyone takes from me is at their own peril ***

Here are some of my musings on the topic

  • Unless there is something situational to work on ( ie, getting the chick sitting next to you in a coffee shop to mind something for you while you use the bathroom or something, in a coffee shop queue asking her what's good ) I always go direct on the approach. 
  • I never approach head on. 
  • If they are standing still I come in from the front at an angle around 45 degrees or so, make eye contact asap. 
  • If they are moving (I only approach girls who aren't in a rush) I always approach from behind.I walk up behind them, moving faster than them until I almost over take them. Then I reach out and touch them on their arm to stop them. The touch is soft but its clear I want them to stop. At this point I should be a little ahead of them. 

Heavy Death Stare eye contact... I then say "Hi...... This is kind of forward.... But I saw you walking past and I thought you were gorgeous/cute/sexy/whatever compliment and I wanted to meet you."

Now this will generally knock them for six... and they will look uncomfortable and take a few steps to leave. It took me a while to figure this out and its not because they don't like you... they are just fucking dumbfounded and think you are taking the piss. This *NEVER* happens to them. This is likely the first time *ANYONE* has been so forward in the middle of the day.

The next part is kinda counter-intuitive, well it is for me anyway. Because in a bar if a chick looks uncomfortable and is trying to escape its cos she doesn't fancy you that much yet and you have telegraphed too much interest so I generally tease them or call them out on it to get the attraction back again. Now in the day time the way to make them comfortable again is to barrage them with stupid questions.

ie after I say the above lines she will be motioning to go, then I'll say something along the lines of

Me: I'm Connor, whats your name ?
Her: um... *looking scared* my name is x
Me: Are you scottish or something? 
Her: No I'm from x.
Me: I had a cat from x. He was crazy! :P
Her: haha 
Me: So what are you doing up around here?
Her: Oh I was bla bla... 
Me: really? yeah cos I work just over there and I came up here to escape the madness in the office for a bit. I work for xxxx! I bet you are a teacher!
Her: haha, No why do you say that?
etc...

Now she realises you're for real and this isn't a wind up... You'll notice her facing you fully, coming closer to you, talking a lot more and getting trapped in the Death Stare. At this point when she loves me I'll say stuff like

"You know you are really cool to talk to, I am glad I came over to chat with you now... I was like nervous before but I knew I'd be kicking myself all day if I didn't say hello at least"

This will make her day... and its time to set up the date after that. The mistake I always make here (I f*ck this up day and night) is that I don't set a proper time and place. You need to set a real time and real place, for example... 

Me: "So how would you feel about going for a drink with me sometime?"
Her: "yeah that would be cool"
Me: "Well are you free tomorrow at 7? I know a really cool bar in london bridge...."

The other thing of note is that as always you have to be super fucking frosty cool to the extreme. Especially at the start, when she's unstable after the directness of the approach. If you show signs that you think this is awkward she will pick it up off you and you're toast.

I probably get numbers out of every 1 in 2 now (although it must be almost impossible to not give your number to someone after such a balls out approach in the day) and I *NEVER* have a bad interaction any more. 90% of the time I get thanked for stopping them.


No comments: