Monday, December 1, 2008

Whats worse than getting blown out?

So I haven't been chatting up girls for a solid week. My lips were riddled with dirty cold sores for the last 10 days and I don't fucking care what anyone says I am not talking girls when I look like I've been making out with the easy chicks from the local leper colony.

"Oh but Connor, its good for practice anyway... Your value comes from within, man!"

Fuck off you hippies I don't care!

So today at lunch I decided to get myself back into the mix with a little day game. Needless the say I was nervous. I walked around for a while picking out girls who were potentials and then not talking to them. After about 20 minutes of this I knew I had to man up soon or run the risk of striking out altogether. Then I saw her... Sitting on a bench, eating her lunch. She was stunning, tall and slim, sallow skin and long brown hair. I had to try and talk with her at least.

OK I'm scared but I rock on over there anyway. At first I am too high energy, clearly nervous and she responds with little interest. Not going well! After a few minutes I start to get back into the grove of this again. It dawns on me... Chill the fuck out! I start to lean back on the bench beside her and begin talking more slowly and clearly. My eye contact is heavy now. She starts laughing at my jokes and meeting my eye contact head on. We talk about where we are from (Slovenia and Ireland), we talk about what we do, how we like England, snow men and lots of random other stuff... She is funny and smart. She is gorgeous, hotter than the usual type of girl I approach. All of a sudden I hear myself say

"Hey, I better get back to work soon... it was nice to meet you" 
She responds
"Thank you for coming to talk with me"
"Yeah I knew if I didn't I'd be kicking myself all day"

Then I stroll off... It hits me as soon as I get up! What the hell?!? Why didn't I suggest we meet for a drink or bounce her for a cup of coffee? What the in the name of holy fuck was I doing?? I can't say for definite if she would have agreed. But, man, why at least didn't I try? 

I feel bad now. Very disappointed in myself.. I know it was my first time doing it in a while and its hard if your not in the zone or whatever but this was a missed opportunity and now I feel terrible. What if we, like, fell in love and got married and had kids and lived happily ever after in the country? What if she was a sex fiend and wanted a new boy toy to have nasty sex with? What if she was loaded and wanted to be my sugar mama? 

I would MUCH rather have her tell me to get lost than have this shit hanging over my head!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so so bloody true....barely a day goes by without some missed oppurtunity where i look back and go...i should have....i could have....d'oh...less talk more action need

Anonymous said...

I agree!

"Listen retard I **ACTUALLY** like you this isn't just some random pick up... now cut the shit and lets fuck!"

Fucking Priceless