Thursday, February 19, 2009

hahahahahaha

OK OK OK OK ! Trekked up to training last night after a pain in the ass day in work. When I got there I couldn't help but notice that my fucking pass code to get into the academy wasn't working properly. So I start hammering on the door, wondering what the fuck, cos I am late for class and shit! 

So my pal Jamie(he is a jiu jitsu bum, basically hangs around the BJJ school for a living) opens the door a tincy bit and pokes his head out. 
"Jamie, why won't the code work?"

"Did you not hear? Training is off today. We're doing er... refurbishments"

Now I'm thinking there is something suspicious going on here
"What the fuck is that noise in the background?"

"err... nothing, I'm not supposed to let anyone in"

"haha let me in shithead!"

"haha OK OK come in but don't tell anyone!!"

BEHOLD there is fucking disco lights everywhere and the whole place has been transformed in to a swanky night club. Holy christian leper babies! It transpires that the place has been rented out for one of the after parties to the Brit awards(this is like the British equivalent of the Grammy awards for those of you in the states). Jamie has been charged with making sure the people setting it up won't break anything and it will commence in 3 hours! I burst out laughing! hahaha, brilliant! Everything is coming up Connor. 

So I spend the next 2 hours shooting the shit with Jamie. After that I start to work! Basically stand around looking important, grab myself a backstage pass, schmooze with security a little bit and tuck into the free cocktails. Then I spy a couple of suspiciously good looking people all wearing Adidas gear. So it turns out Adidas have hired 10 models to just go to this thing and wear Adidas kit... what a fucking job man! Anyhoo, I start yakking away to 2 of the girls. 

The whole marketing press, know someone who knows someone crowd being to arrive around 2200 and very strangely dressed people start to flow in about 2300, I'm assuming they are the more famous ones? I have one of these Adidas models running around getting me drinks, I am making her stop random people to tell them I am the most attractive man she has ever seen, we are having pose offs for the camera man that is floating around and she is running around to find pen and paper to write her number on for me. This is hilarious!

Cut to 0030 and I am in the corner making out with the Adidas model, Estelle(who is the only famous person I recognised there) is singing a few songs on stage and on the inside of my head I am laughing very heartily!

Although I definitely think I could have taken more advantage of this it was still not at all a bad Wednesday night

2 comments:

CarloSandros said...

SICK fuckin BLog!
ninja-groovy cat

Connor said...

Thanks man, appreciate it!